South America home to the world’s biggest rainforest, largest river and tallest waterfall, it is a continent of dizzying natural beauty. Colourful, Fun, full of life and everything in between, South America is scenery, sounds and salsa a fiery Argentine tango and the soft silence of the Amazon rainforest. Sofar South America has been amazing (only covered North East part of South America)
South America has the world biggest rainforest, the world largest river, well know islands such as the Galapagos, Easter Island and the tropical gem of Fernando de Noronha. It has wide deserts such as the Atacama, Landscapes such as the Andes, Patagonia & Tierra del Fuego, the nearly 1000-meter-high waterfall in Venezuela (Angel Falls) and Iguazu Falls bordering Brazil and Argentina to name a few. It has ancient civilizations such as Machu Picchu and the Moais on Easter Island. Charming cities in the Andes, the biggest carnival in the world (Rio de jainero) The tango world championships and the Vendima festival in Argentina.
Some interesting facts
- The Atacama Desert is considered the driest place on Earth.
- The Amazon river has the largest volume of water in the world.
- The Amazon region in Brazil has the most uncontacted natives in the world
- The green anaconda is the largest snake in the world and can grow up to 8 meters a 5-meter Anaconda captured weighing 99KG the heaviest large 8-meter ones are up to 220KG?
- The amazon is the largest rainforest in the world it covers 40% of South America
- The narrowest point of the Amazon river is just under 2KM but still 130 meters deep.
- 40% of the world plant and animal species are found in South America
- The amazon river has over 15000 tributaries, 4 of them more than 1000KM long and is the second longest river in the world after the Nile river.
- La Paz and Sucre are the 2 highest capitals in the world at around 3650 meters high
- The Andes are the longest mountain range in the world covering Venezuela-Ecuador-Peru-Bolivia-Chili and Argentina
- Angel falls in Venezuela is the highest uninterrupted waterfall in the world. (879 meters uninterrupted)
- Sao Paolo is the largest city in South America
- The Aconcagua is the highest mountain in South America 6960 meters.
- Brazil has around 150 languages, but Portuguese is most widely spoken
- Brazil is the largest country in South America
- Suriname is the smallest country in South America, but it is the most forested country in South America with 95% of its land covered by rainforest
- The statue of Christ is named one of the New seven wonders of the World it is 38 meters high and weights 635000 kilo.
- Catatumbo lightning in Venezuela where lightning strikes Lake Maracaibo up to 10 hours at the time in a period of up to 160 days.
- Brazil is the largest coffee exporter in the world supplying nearly 75% of all world coffees.
- Venezuela has some of the largest oil and gas reserves in the world and the cheapest fuel in the world thanks to subsidies