VIDEO OVERLANDING JORDAN
For more details, blog and pictures click here; http://www.doubledutchworldsafari.com.au/our-journey/africa-middle-east/middle-east/jordan/
Jordan is located at the crossroads of Asia, Africa and Europe. Jordan is a pro-western country maintaining close relationships with Europe and the US. Despite being a middle-income country, it still has 14% of the population living below the poverty line. A major issue is the large amounts of refugees in Jordan. Over 2 million Palestinians (nearly 400000 still in refugee camps) nearly 1.5 million Syrian refugees (mainly in refugee camps) and at least 200000 Iraqis. Despite the cost to Jordan they still seem to be hospitable to the refugees. The King of Jordan is also in charge of the army. Jordan’s economy appears to be well diversed with trade and finance nearly 60% and Mining, construction, Tourism and manufacturing the remaining 40%.
Since the start of the Arab spring Jordan experienced a 70% decrease in the number of tourists between 2010 to 2016. For us Jordan was like the images we seen Petra carved from rock, probably the most stunning attraction in the Middle East. The country is full of Beauty and contrast. Green Valleys, Desert, remote canyons and the salty waters of the Dead Sea.